Recipe courtesy of Chris Lane
- 6 (2-inch-thick) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- ½ tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- 1½ cups herb stuffing mix
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- Big Green Egg Ancho Chile & Coffee Seasoning
Set the EGG for direct cooking at 350°F/177°C.
Melt the butter in a Big Green Egg Cast Iron Skillet. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, celery and apple; sauté 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and the liquid evaporates. Add stuffing mix and broth; stir until liquid is absorbed; let stand 20 minutes.
Trim any excess fat from the pork chops and cut a slit in one side of each chop to form a pocket. Rub the pork chops evenly, inside and out, with olive oil and season liberally with the
Ancho Chile & Coffee Seasoning. Spoon stuffing mixture evenly into each pocket.
Raise the EGG temperature to 375°F/191°C. Place the pork chops on the cooking grid and roast for 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.