Thank you to True Aussie Beef & Lamb for the steak that inspired this recipe.
- 2 filet mignon – about 6 to 8 ounces each
- Olive oil
- Big Green Egg Classic Steakhouse Seasoning
- 2-3 fresh, thinly sliced radishes, optional
- Chives, cut into 2” pieces, optional
Set the EGG for direct cooking without a convEGGtor at 500°F/260°C.
Rub the filets with olive oil and season with Big Green Egg Classic Steakhouse Seasoning. Let the meat rest for 15 minutes. Place the steak on the grill and cook for 2 minutes, flip, cook 2 more minutes, then flip one last time and cook for 2 additional minutes. Check the internal temperature with a food thermometer for the desired doneness. Remove to a platter and cover.
Cut the filet into thin slices. Smear the toasted crostini with the horseradish sauce, top with sliced beef, and garnish with sliced radishes, chives, and a sprinkle of Big Green Egg Citrus & Herb seasoning.
Serves 4 people
- 1 baguette cut into ½ inch-thick slices
- Butter or olive oil to toast
Smear butter or brush crostini with olive oil and toast or grill the slices until light golden brown.
Horseradish Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon of prepared horseradish
- Big Green Egg Citrus & Herb Seasoning
- Black pepper
Horseradish Sauce Instructions
Blend the sour cream with the prepared horseradish – taste and adjust to your liking. Add about ½ teaspoon of Big Green Egg Citrus & Herb seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste.