Recipe adapted from Maple Leaf Farms. For more information, visit mapleleaffarms.com.
- 1 lb Maple Leaf Farms Ground Duck
- 4 Tbsp finely minced Fresh Lemongrass, tender pale green parts only
- 4 ea Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup finely minced Shallots or Yellow Onion
- 1/8 cup finely sliced Scallions
- 2 Tbsp chopped Mint
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 8 Skewers (6 inches each), fresh Lemongrass stalks, or disposable wooden chopsticks (soaked in water)
- 1 head Boston Lettuce or Small Green Leaf Lettuce, leaves separated
Set EGG for direct cooking at 350°F/177C.
Gently mix together all the ingredients listed except the skewers and lettuce leaves.
Form meat mixture into 8 sausage shaped portions (about 1/4 cup each).
Gently thread each “sausage” with a lemongrass skewer, or a BGE Flexible Skewer, leaving 2 inches exposed.
Grill on EGG 6 minutes, turning every two minutes. Remove and place on platter.
Place the sauce in a serving bowl and garnish with the shredded carrots and chopped peanuts.
Serve with lettuce leaf cups, garnish and sauce (recipes below).
To eat: Place the kebab in the lettuce cup, add garnish, remove the lemongrass skewer and dip in sauce.
Makes 4 servings, 2 skewers each
- Fresh Mint
- Thai or Regular Basil
- shredded Cucumber
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 2⁄3 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1⁄3 cup Warm Water
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1-1⁄2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 ea Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 ea Thai or Serrano Chili, minced (adjust to personal preference)
- 2 tbsp finely grated Carrots, garnish
- 1 tsp chopped Roasted Peanuts, garnish
Dipping Sauce Instructions
Mix together all ingredients except the carrots and chopped peanuts in a bowl. Adjust consistency with more warm water if necessary.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.