This playful take on BLT flavors features both ground duck and duck bacon in fennel and basil seasoned duck meatloaf stacks, topped with fresh avocado slices and a basil/balsamic tomato-bacon salsa.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Maple Leaf Farms. For more information, visit MapleLeafFarms.com.
- 4 slices Maple Leaf Farms® Duck Bacon, divided
Set EGG for indirect cooking at 375°F/191°C.
Spray the inside of four food ring molds or ramekins (3½” diameter) with nonstick cooking spray and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet with rimmed sides.
In a heavy skillet, fry the bacon 5-6 minutes. Cool and dice.
Salsa Topper Ingredients
- 10 oz Red Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh Basil
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Ground White Pepper
Salsa Topper Instructions
Mix sliced tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt and white pepper (all salsa ingredients), plus half of the diced bacon into a gallon re-sealable bag. Seal, forcing the air out, then shake and chill.
Duck Loaf Ingredients
- ⅓ cup diced Sweet Yellow Onion
- 2 large Garlic Cloves, diced
- ¼ cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Lime, juiced
- 2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 lb Maple Leaf Farms® Ground Duck
- ⅓ cup Tomato Paste
- 1 fresh ear of Sweet Corn, kernels cut off of cob
- 1 tsp Italian Herb Seasoning
- ½ tsp Ground Fennel Seed
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Marjoram
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, cubed
Duck Loaf Instructions
Add the onion, garlic, vinegar, lime juice and liquid smoke to the heavy skillet, turn to low and sauté for 3-4 minutes and add to the mixing bowl. Add the rest of the duck loaf ingredients and the remaining half of duck bacon to the bowl and mix well.
Fill the ring molds (or ramekins) with equal portions of the meat mixture, taking care not to compact the meat. Bake in EGG for 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then remove ring molds.
- 4 leaves Green Leaf Lettuce
- 1 Avocado, pitted, peeled, halves sliced crosswise
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper