Recipe adapted from Red Gold Tomatoes. For more information, visit their website.
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, stem and gills removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies, drained
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 buns, toasted
Set EGG for direct cooking at 400°F/204°C.
Brush outsides of each mushroom cap with 1 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
In a Half Moon Cast Iron Griddle or a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Add shallot, onion and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes. Then add bell pepper and Red Gold Tomatoes, sauté for 3 more minutes.
Place goat cheese in a mixing bowl and add heated vegetables; stir to combine. Add salt and black pepper.
Fill mushroom caps with vegetable-goat cheese mixture.
Place mushroom caps on EGG. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until mushroom is tender.
Serve as a side dish or place on a toasted bun as a sandwich.
Makes 4 servings