Recipe courtesy of Anthony C. Seta in partnership with BOU Brands.
- ¼ cup water
- 2 BOU Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oregano, dry
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 Roasting Chicken (3½ to 3¾ lbs.)
Combine all ingredients (except for the chicken) in a blender and blend well.
Add the chicken breasts to a stainless steel bowl and coat with the marinade. Marinate for 3 to 4 hours under refrigeration; tossing 2 to 3 times during the marinating time. Or place the chicken into a large 2-gallon resealable bag. Pour the marinade into the bag and seal. Shake to coat the chicken and place under refrigeration (repeat 2 to 3 times during the marinating time).
Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 350°F/177°C.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and allow the excess marinade to drain off. Place the chicken onto a Big Green Egg Ceramic Vertical Roaster (fill the roaster with a beer or BOU broth); set the roaster into a Roasting & Drip Pan and place on the cooking grid.
Cook to an internal temperature of 165°F in the breast and 175°F in the thigh. Serve with Tomato Feta Salad.
Prep Time 20-30 minutes (does not include marinating time)
Cook time approximately 1 hour
Tomato Feta Salad Ingredients
- 3 tbsp oregano leaves, chopped
- 10 oz grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ cup red onions, sliced thin
- 4 oz crumbled Greek Feta cheese
- 4 oz Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 5 oz arugula OR Italian parsley
Tomato Feta Salad Instructions
Combine all ingredients and toss. Do not over-mix. Place into a serving bowl and serve with Greek Isles Chicken.