The Orange Mint Dressing and Cabot Cheese makes this shrimp salad a favorite!
Recipe adapted from Cabot Cheese. For more information, visit cabotcheese.coop.
- 1 ¼ pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups mesclun mix, baby arugula, torn frisee (French curly endive) or other greens
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- 4 ounces Cabot Monterey Jack or Cabot Mild Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
Set EGG for direct cooking at 500°F/260°C.
In medium bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil. Thread shrimp on flexible skewers. Place on EGG and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat; slide shrimp off skewers onto plate.
In small bowl, whisk together orange juice and zest, vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, honey, mint, salt and pepper.
Divide greens among 4 plates. Top with tomatoes, croutons and shrimp. Drizzle each with one fourth of dressing. Top with cheese.
Makes 4 servings