All the gyro taste you love baked into a hearty hoagie roll and stuffed with brats, onions and a tasty sauce. All the taste without the mess!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Johnsonville Sausage. For more information, visit Johnsonville.com.
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville Original Bratwurst
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
Set the EGG for direct cooking at 350°F/177°C.
Make sauce. Recipe below.
Grill brats according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1⁄4 inch bias slices.
Slice French bread lengthwise and transfer to a Perforated Cooking Grid. Arrange brat slices on bread bottom.
Cook on EGG until bread is lightly browned. Remove from EGG. Top with the sauce, onion and tomato.
Makes 6 servings.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper, optional
In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.