Flavorful ingredients including spicy mustard, sharp cheddar cheese, sweet pear and smoky ham come together to create this gourmet panini.
Recipe courtesy of Nature’s Own.
- 8 slices Natures Own 100% whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- 8 slices sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups packed baby arugula
- 1 ripe Bartlett pear, cut into 20 thin slices
- ½ pound deli-sliced smoked ham
- Olive Oil
Set the EGG for direct cooking at 400ºF/204ºC and add the Half Moon Cast Iron Griddle – with the ridged side up – to preheat.
Spread mustard evenly over 1 side of each bread slice. Top each of 4 bread slices with 1 slice cheese and half the arugula. Add the pear and ham slices; top with remaining arugula, cheese and bread slices.
Press sandwiches together slightly, brush outside of sandwiches lightly with oil
Cook sandwiches on the griddle, turning once, until browned and cheese melts.