Roasting as a cooking method brings out the vegetables’ natural flavors while keeping vitamins and nutrients intact. This particular medley not only tastes delicious, but features brilliant colors that just so happen to take inspiration from the Heineken bottle.
Heineken Lager’s smooth, full-body and perfect touch of hops adds flavor complexity and works perfectly with fresh herbs and sweet butter.
Hint: It is best to let the vegetables marinate overnight.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½ inch strips
- 12 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs rosemary, thyme, oregano and parsley, chopped
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 6 ounces Heineken Lager
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place all the ingredients except the butter and cheese into a sealable gallon bag. Shake well and place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 425°F / 218°C. Empty the vegetables and marinade into a Big Green Egg Dutch oven. Place the dish into the EGG and roast the vegetables for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the butter to the vegetables and roast for an additional 10 minutes. Stir and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
How does this recipe taste?