Recipe and photo courtesy of Laura’s Lean Beef. For more information, visit LaurasLeanBeef.com.
- 1 pound Laura’s 92% Lean Ground Beef or 96% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped purple onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped and seeded jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Whole wheat buns (optional)
- Sliced fresh pineapple rings, grilled (optional)
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Shape into 4 equal size burgers.
Coat the EGG cooking grid with cooking spray. Grill direct at 400°F / 204°C) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Place patties in a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat; cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until done.
Makes 4 servings.
Serve with fruit salsa, grilled pineapple and/or basmati rice.
Fruit Salsa Ingredients
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons seeded and chopped jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Fruit Salsa Instructions
Prep time: 15 minutes
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; chill and serve with Island Burgers.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving for Island Burger
© Copyright 2011 Laura’s Lean Beef. All rights reserved.