Serve these crisp mini pizzas for an easy “pizza night” meal, or cut each into 4 wedges and serve as a hot appetizer.
Recipe courtesy of Nature’s Own Bread. For more information, visit naturesownbread.com.
- 4 Nature's Own Sandwich Rounds, any variety
- ½ cup purchased basil pesto
- ½ lb thinly sliced deli chicken or leftover cooked chicken
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained, thinly sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
Set EGG for indirect cooking at 425°F/218°C.
Place sandwich round halves on cookie sheet, cut side down. Cook for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and turn over on cookie sheet. Carefully spread each half with pesto.
Top evenly with chicken, sundried tomatoes and cheese. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Makes 4 servings (2 mini pizzas each)