There is nothing more southern than pimento cheese and bacon, and we have both! These fun burgers are topped with the traditional favorites to give your next cookout just the attention it deserves.
Recipe courtesy of Nature’s Own Bread. For more information, visit naturesownbread.com.
- 4 Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat Buns
- 4 seasoned burger patties
- 1 cup prepared pimento cheese spread
- 1-2 sliced plum tomatoes
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion slices
- 1 cup crumbled bacon pieces
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar glaze
In a food processor, mix the bacon, maple syrup and balsamic glaze until it is fully incorporated to make the bacon jam. It will look like a textured spread, then set aside.
Set EGG for direct cooking at 400°F/204°C.
Cook burgers 5-6 minutes per side to desired temperature.
Layer bun with burger, pimento cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato and bacon jam. Top burger with bun top and serve.
Makes 4 servings