Recipe courtesy of Ted Reader, from Napoleon’s Everyday Gourmet Plank Grilling (Key Porter Books, 2009). For more information on Ted Reader, visit his website at tedreader.com.
- 8 individual Twinkies, or 4 packages
- 3⁄4 cup Nutella, or other chocolate hazelnut spread 6 Oreo cookies, smashed into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate toffee pieces
- 1 regular cedar plank, soaked in water
Set EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 275°F/135°C.
Arrange the Twinkies on the plank, Slather the top of the Twinkies evenly with Nutella. Sprinkle with Oreo chunks, mini marshmallows and chocolate toffee pieces.
Place the plank on the EGG and close the dome. Allow Twinkies to heat and smoke slowly for 15 minutes, until marshmallows are golden brown and everything is heated through. Remove from EGG and serve immediately with a big glass of milk.
Makes 4 servings.