Recipe adapted from Maple Leaf Farms. For more information, visit MapleLeafFarms.com.
- 6- 7.5 oz Maple Leaf Farms Boneless Duck Breast Filets, thawed if frozen
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 2 large red or yellow bell peppers, or one of each
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 small red onions
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple preserves
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
Set EGG for direct cooking at 350°F/177°C.
Remove skin from duck breasts. Cut duck breast into 2 inch chunks; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut pineapple into 11⁄2 inch chunks. Cut bell peppers into 11⁄2 inch chunks, discarding stems and seeds. Cut onions through the core into 1⁄2 inch thick wedges. Alternately thread duck, pineapple, bell peppers and onions onto Flexible Skewers.
Combine preserves and mustard; mix well. Arrange duck kabobs on EGG. Brush half of preserve mixture over kabobs. Grill covered 5 minutes. Turn; brush remaining half of preserve mixture over kabobs. Continue grilling covered 5 to 6 minutes or until duck is barely pink in center and peppers are crisp-tender.
Makes 8 servings