Pork makes a great meal for families, tailgating and special holidays. Visit porkbeinspired.com for menu suggestions or search to find the perfect recipe for your next meal.
- 6 slices bacon, thick-cut, cooked until crisp, then coarsely crumbled
- 2 pounds red new potatoes, (golf-ball size), scrubbed and poked with a fork
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, including green tops, cut crosswise into thin rounds
Set the EGG for direct cooking at 350°F/177°C.
In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil until well coated. Arrange potatoes around outer edges of cooking grid. Grill until tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes.
While potatoes are grilling, put green onions and bacon in a large bowl, and make dressing. Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, salt, sugar and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
When potatoes are tender, transfer to a cutting board and cool for 5 minutes. Cut potatoes in half and add to bacon and onions in the bowl. Stir dressing to combine and pour over potatoes. Gently toss to thoroughly combine. Serve immediately.
The potato salad can be made up to 2 hours prior to serving. Cover and set aside at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Recently purchased and Egg, and this was my first side dish. Amazing. I used bigger potatoes that I cut in half before I put them on the grill, but they turned out perfect. My wife asked my sixteen year old daughter what was the best thing that had happened to her all day, and my daughter said, “this potato.”