Recipe courtesy of Red Gold Tomatoes. For more information, visit their website.
- 4 EGG-grilled burgers
- 4 buns
- 4 slices jalapeno jack cheese
- 2 – 14.5 oz. cans Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes, drained very well
- OR 2 – 14.5 ounce cans Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained very well
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Combine Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes, green onions, garlic and jalapeno pepper in a large bowl.
Combine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, cumin, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir until blended.
Pour vinegar mixture over tomato mixture; tossing to coat. Chill one hour before serving.
Toast both halves of bun. Place grilled burger on bottom toasted bun and top with cheese. Spoon ¼ cup tomato mixture in center of burger, put toasted bun half on top.