Recipe adapted from Laura Fuentes. For more recipes from Laura, visit her blog laurafuentes.com.
- 1 whole smoked, barbecued, or roasted chicken, shredded (see Beer Can Chicken Recipe for details on how to cook chicken)
- 6 whole grain flat breads
- 10-12 whole romaine heart leaves, washed
- 6-8 ounces kalamata olives
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 batch creamy hummus dressing
Cook chicken according to Beer Can Chicken Recipe.
On a flat surface, shred chicken meat using two forks. Discard bones.
Place remaining ingredients in their own dishes in an assembly line on the table.
Hold your flatbread on your hands or on a plate. Place romaine leaves as the base to hold your chicken. Top with olives and feta cheese, drizzle with about a tablespoon of hummus dressing.
Tomato Cucumber Salsa Ingredients
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, ends cut and diced small
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill (or Italian seasoning)
- Olive oil, drizzle
- salt, to taste
Tomato Cucumber Salsa Instructions
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Drizzle with a little olive oil and add a little salt to taste.
Makes 6 servings
Creamy Hummus Dressing Ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup Sabra Classic Hummus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper