Recipe adapted from Better than Bouillon. For more information, visit betterthanbouillon.com.
- 2 medium ears of corn (or 1 1⁄2 cups roasted corn kernels)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chili peppers, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon® Reduced Sodium Roasted Chicken Base
- 2 teaspoons Original Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Set EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 400°F/204°C.
Wrap ears of corn in foil or leave in husk and place onto EGG. Turn corn until tender, approximately 20-25 minutes. Once tender, kernels can be cut from the cob.
In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base, Original Hot Sauce and black pepper; mix well.
Add roasted corn kernels, cheddar cheese and green chilies; blend well.
Refrigerate and serve with our favorite chip or grilled vegetables for dipping.
Makes 4 to 5 cups
I’ve made this a few times now and people really like it. Definitely want to use more than 2 ears of corn (I use 3) as it’s basically cheesy mayonnaise otherwise. I’ve been using 3 teaspoons of Frank’s Red Hot seasoning of the hot sauce so it gives just a slight hint of heat. It’s also better when you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to let the ingredients marry each other.