Recipe adapted from Chef JJ. Learn more about Chef JJ at chefjjs.com.
For the original recipe, visit here.
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 10 ounces Kalamata olives, slices 1⁄4 inch
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 ounces feta cheese, dry
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, or salad oil of choice
- 2 pounds fresh halibut filets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the relish, blend all ingredients, except the halibut, together and refrigerate for a few hours.
Set the EGG for indirect cooking (with convEGGtor) to 400°F/204°C.
Season halibut filets lightly with salt and black pepper.
Place seasoned halibut on EGG and roast for 8-10 minutes or until the fish just begins to flake.
When fish is almost done, place a small amount of the tomato relish on top of the fish and allow to warm through.
Remove fish from heat and place it on a small pile of the tomato relish allowing the heat of the fish to warm the tomato relish through. Serve warm.
Makes 6 servings