These Rosemary Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Cheddar and Black Forest Ham are a quick and easy to make favorite!
Recipe adapted from Cabot Cheese. For more information, visit cabotcheese.coop.
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, fat trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 medium cloves)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices Cabot Sharp Cheddar
- 4 ounces sliced Black Forest or other flavorful ham
- 4 buns, split
- Romaine leaves
Place chicken between 2 large sheets plastic wrap; pound with mallet or heavy pan to flatten to even ½-inch thickness.
In medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
Set EGG for direct cooking at 500°F/260°C.
Remove chicken from marinade, shaking off excess. Cook on EGG until browned on outside and cooked through to center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Toward end of cooking time, top each breast with slice of ham and cheese; cover with grill lid or foil until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes longer.
Serve on buns with bed of romaine leaves (toast buns on grill if desired).
Makes 4 servings