This wonderful take on dressing is perfect for a delicious Holiday dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups cooked corn
- 1½ cups cooked ham, diced
- ¾ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Big Green Egg Sweet & Smoky Seasoning
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup prepared cornbread stuffing, cut into ¾ inch cubes
Set the EGG up for indirect cooking with a convEGGtor at 350˚F/177˚C.
Melt the butter in a Big Green Egg 10.5 cast iron skillet. Add the corn, ham, scallions, garlic, and Sweet & Smoky Seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the scallions are soft.
Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl and stir in the half-and-half, cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
Carefully remove the skillet from the EGG. Stir the cornbread stuffing into the skillet. Pour the egg mixture on top of the stuffing and stir carefully to distribute all the ingredients evenly.
Place the skillet back in the Big Green Egg and bake until lightly puffed and golden, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.