Recipe and photo courtesy of Laura’s Lean Beef. For more information, visit LaurasLeanBeef.com.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 4-ounce Laura’s Lean Beef sirloin steaks
Mix spices together in small bowl. Rub into steak. Put steak into zip-close plastic bag and let rest in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
Heat EGG up for direct cooking at 450°F / 232°C. Take steak out of refrigerator and let rest for 30 minutes.
When EGG is hot, place steak on grid and cook until desired degree of doneness. Let rest about 5 minutes.
Serve steaks immediately with chipotle sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Cooking Tip: Make more of this rub than you need and store it at room temperature in an airtight container. Reach for it for beef, fish and chicken as often as you want.
Nutritional Analysis of Recipe
Chipotle Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped.
Chipotle Sauce Instructions
While steak rests, combine chipotle peppers, honey, lime juice, garlic, vinegar, cumin and coriander in blender and blend until smooth. Stir in cilantro.
This was outstanding! We all loved it.