Recipe courtesy of #BGETeamGreen Member Mary Cressler, @Vindulge
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups diced white onion (one medium sized onion)
- 2 small jalapeños, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded smoked chicken
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes (including liquid)
- 1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 15-oz can sweet corn (or 1½ cups frozen kernels)
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo (a mix of the peppers and sauce)
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- Suggested toppings: fried tortilla strips, jalapeño slices, avocado slices, shredded cheese, lime wedge, cilantro
Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 400°F/204°C with the Dutch oven in the EGG to preheat.
Add olive oil, onions, and jalapeño peppers to the Dutch oven and cook to soften, about 5 – 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper, stir for 30 seconds and allow the dried spices to heat up. Next, stir in the broth, chicken, tomatoes, beans, corn, chipotle in adobo, and lime juice. Stir all the ingredients well and bring to a simmer.
Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve and top with favorite toppings.