Create a fan favorite with a little something special – smoked turkey. A great way to use some of the Thanksgiving leftovers.
- 3 cups whole milk, divided
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (1-pound) package elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 4 cups pulled turkey, divided
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
Set the EGG for indirect cooking with theconvEGGtor500°F/260°C.
Bring 2¾ cups milk to a low boil in a large pot on the stovetop. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Whisk together flour and remaining ¼ cup milk in a small bowl until smooth. Using a whisk, gradually add flour mixture to hot milk until thickened, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the gouda, 1½ cups cheddar cheese, dry mustard, paprika, salt and pepper, stirring until cheeses are melted. Remove from heat.
Place cooked pasta and 3 cups of the turkey in a Dutch oven. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta; top with remaining turkey and remaining cheddar. Bake until cheese is melted and pasta mixture is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onion and serve warm.
Serves 6 to 8