Beef sliders stuffed with walnuts and gorgonzola are a fun way to change up your typical beef slider!
Recipe adapted from California Walnuts. For more information, visit walnuts.org.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cups finely chopped button mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb 10% fat ground beef
- 4 oz Gorgonzola (or blue cheese), divided into 16 portions
- 32 California walnut halves
- 16 small dinner rolls (or 2, 24-inch baguettes, sliced into 8 equal portions, then sliced horizontally)
Set EGG for direct cooking at 400°F/204°C.
Heat oil in a Stir-Fry and Paella Pan (or on the stovetop in a large sauce pan) and sauté bacon until just cooked but not crisp. Add shallots and cook until translucent. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and let cool. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and egg to mixture. Add beef and gently mix by hand until all ingredients are incorporated, without over mixing.
Divide mixture into 16 equal portions. Using the Mini Burger Basket, form into thick patties, about 1-½ inches thick and 2-½ inches in diameter, tucking a piece of cheese and 2 walnut halves into the center of each patty.
Grill patties on EGG until cooked to preferred doneness. Serve in small dinner rolls or between baguette slices with desired condiments.
Makes 16 sliders