Recipe adapted from Ted Reader. You can find more of Ted’s delicious BBQ recipes in his cookbook, Gastro Grilling, or on his website TedReader.com.
- 2 tsp (10mL) wasabi powder
- 2 tsp (10mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz (30mL) sake
- 1⁄2 cup (125mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15mL) soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45mL) hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp (5mL) prepared horseradish, drained of excess moisture
- 1 tsp (5mL) minced ginger
- 1 green onion, minced
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup (60mL) crushed wasabi peas
- 1 tsp (5mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp (15mL) chopped fresh cilantro
Place the wasabi powder into a small bowl and drizzle with the lemon juice and sake. Stir in honey, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, horseradish, ginger and green onion.
Set the EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 450°-550°F/230°-290°C.
Season both sides of the thighs with kosher salt, black pepper and a pinch of cinnamon.
Grill the thighs for 6-8 minutes on one side, turn the thighs over and begin to baste with the wasabi honey baste. Continue to cook for another 6-8 minutes, basting with the sauce until fully cooked, minimum internal temperature of 160°F /70°C. Remove from EGG.
Sprinkle with crushed wasabi peas, toasted sesame seeds and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Terrific recipe!!! Can’t wait to make this again.
Great recipe!!! Can’t wait to make this again.
i think they added garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and it has a whipped teutxre- i would add a little water to thin it out and some olive oilxoxo