A unique and delicious pizza created on a sliced watermelon.
Recipe courtesy of Kevin Ward, Four 41 South BBQ
- 1 Large Watermelon
- 12 Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Big Green Egg Sweet & Smoky Seasoning
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced
- 10 sprigs of Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of Feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 Big Green Egg Bamboo Skewers, soaked
- Salt to taste
Set the EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 400°F/204°C.
Skewer the shrimp and season with the olive oil and Sweet & Smoky Seasoning.
Cut the Watermelon in a 3-inch diameter. Lightly salt the watermelon.
Grill Watermelon 3 minutes on each side and remove from the grill.
Grill the shrimp 3 minutes per side and remove from the grill.
Build the pizza with the shrimp, feta cheese, jalapeño, tomatoes and cilantro. Grill for another 5 minutes to soften feta and watermelon.